- 4 cups fresh basil leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, sunflower seeds, or walnuts
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the basil, nuts, and garlic in a blender or food processor and blend or process until the leaves are chopped.
- Add the oil and blend or process until smooth.
- You may need to stop the machine, scrape the sides with a spatula, then blend or process again.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Scoop the pesto into a large serving bowl and add 1 pound cooked and drained pasta; toss well.
- This sauce freezes well.
Calories Per Serving: